BuckoSoft XPilotNT Version Changes Report
|August 25, 1996|
This page details the release notes for each version of XPilotNT.
V12 March 26, 1998
- Coresponds to xpilot-3.8.0
- Added Lewis Beard's Ship Shape Editor to the distribution.
V11 January 29, 1998
- Coresponds to xpilot-3.7.1
- Prepared source for public release.
- Renamed many of the files in the binaries distribution.
OLD NEW XPilotNT.exe XPilot.exe XPilotNT.ini XPilot.ini XPilotNT.shp XPilot.shp XPilotNT-server.exe XPilot-server.exe XPmonNT.exe XPwho.exe
- Fixed torpedoes problem.
- Major work to the Windows server; still needs work, but its much better.
- XPwho supports "ding". A method to notify the user of other players joining a specified server.
- Added dashed lines for connectors (refuel/ball/transporters)
V0.10 May 29, 1997
- Added mouse control to XPilotNT.
- First release to include the XPilotNT-server !!!
V0.9 May 6, 1997
- XPmonNT adds a cool shipshape selector and the ability to set your nickname.
V0.8 April 28, 1997
- All XPilot buttons operational (quit, about, config, keys)
- Fixed 256 color dithering.
- Added ThreadedDraw - An attempt to squeeze some CPU.
- XPilotNT.ini now search from XPilotNT directory first.
- Removed Windows menu from screen.
- Added game start progress indicator to Splash Panel.
- Disabled Windows System keys (Alt down-up)
- Rewrote playfield window scaling.
- Integrated code to XPilot-3.6.2
- Uses all standard XPilot fonts.
- XPmonNT now supports both meta servers and will switch to the alternate if there's an error.
- XPmonNT can tell XPilotNT to use a private ini file on a per server basis.
V0.7 December 8, 1996
- Anti-lag stabilizers repaired. (broken in 0.6)
- Fonts scale appropriately on scaled screens.
- Removed confusing duplicate XPilotNT.ini files.
V0.6 November 17, 1996
- Teammate's lasers get drawn in blue.
- Resizing the screen works.
- There is a Windows only scale playfield option.
V0.5 November 14, 1996
- The "Martin" version. I've hooked up with this aussie who has breathed fresh life into this project.
- He has done some good work speeding up the display to a reasonable rate.
- This is a limited version just to get feedback on his changes.
V0.4 September 25, 1996
- Added enemy shipshape to HUD.
- Added InstallShield Installation procedure.
V0.3 September 11, 1996
- radar now works (no sliding radar yet)
- Reduces number of colors based on "Max Pens" in Win95 and respects it.
- Cloaked ships are now dotted lines.
- Lasers and missiles are fat lines.
- Upgraded source to XPilot-3.5.1
- XPmonNT joins correct team with "Display player" option unset.
- XPmonNT supports and displays any/all meta-server options on a per field basis.
- XPmonNT supports joining by team number.
V0.2 August 28, 1996
- Added "Circles" to Win95.
- Item bitmaps are now "Win95" friendly.
- Item concentrator draws correctly. Perusing the 3.5.0 code, i noticed that "the boys" had already fixed this.
- Added XPmonNT to the distribution.
- Item bitmaps draw nicely.
- 16 colors supported.
- The radar looks HORRIBLE
V0.1 August 25, 1996
- Initial Release